Highly Requested: Kelli’s Banana Bread Recipe!
Ingredients: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 3 or 4 extra ripe bananas, mashed, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 cup chocolate chips.
1. preheat oven to 350. spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. in a large bowl cream together olive oil, applesauce and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. stir in the mashed bananas.
3. in another bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder and baking soda. blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stirring just to combine.. do not over stir. carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
4. bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out almost clean.
this recipe is adapted from the first banana bread recipe i ever used. after making it about a dozen times, i have tweaked it and made it not only healthier, but all around tastier too! my family and i go crazy for this banana bread and it never lasts more than 2 days because everyone eats it all up! if you try this recipe, please post a picture and tag me in it!
* this recipe can also be made into muffins, just shorten baking time to 18-22 minutes.